Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Doe a deer, a Female Deer...

After a few train rides and a little bit of walking, we found ourselves in Salzburg. Home of 'The Sound of Music'! This is one of my all time favorite movies. Reese and I danced and sang around Salzburg re-enacting the Indian version of this movie.

The city has some majestic views of the alps. Really great pretzels too. They are also crazy for Mozart...

Then we hauled over to Vienna...this is what I'd been looking forward to! For only one reason: Saccher Torte! Yum! For those of my readers who are not as well versed in food, this is the original Black Forest Cake. Delicious chocolate, raspberry sauce, whip cream...yum! We spent most of our time in the inner city near the shopping. Reese and I managed to spend almost 1.5 hours in the Swarowski jewelry store...the lighting in there makes everything sparkle.


Guten Tag geliebte Lesers von Wien! (That German is probably terrible...)Staatsoper. And me!


I'm the one in the middle...in case you couldn't tell.


There were little birds who lived outside our window in Vienna. How European! I felt like Cinderella!

Me in front of my new castle. My father bought it for me.

Vienna's cute, but honestly, most European cities look pretty similar to each other. They all tend to run together after a while. In my experience I've found only 3 very distinguishable cities in this world: New York, Bombay, and London. They all love Indian food too!

But tomorrow is the big day...my family leaves at 4.00 AM and then...it's Priya vs. the World! I fly out to Tel Aviv tomorrow...I can't wait for the hummus. I love food.

General Thoughts/Reactions:
-I turned quite a few heads with my fivefingers. Some people think they are socks, others assume they are scuba fins...very few know they are shoes.
-I found a place where Apple hasn't taken over the MP3 market...Europe! No one has iPods. Take that! Although no one has Zunes either...
-I've found that I'm a much bigger fan of Asian food as opposed to European. I'm craving chinese food, hummus, dal and pad thai
-I've had the question 'Are you Indian?' asked more to me than when I was in Austria. They like the brownies.
-I'm over Europe. I can't wait for Africa...God, I'm going to kill my parents.

I leave you with a quote. For all my Ayn Rand fans:

'I'm not afraid of you, Ellesworth Toohey.'

5 comments:

  1. Sound of Music....that brings back childhood memories of listening to the LP over and over again at your Opa's place and prancing around their living room with your mom and uncles...have been wanting to visit Austria and Switzerland ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why africa? not sure i get it...
    anyways, loveee you misss you
    just got back from summer camp and am now workings (aka waking up at 6:00AM). hope youre having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Europe rocks ;)
    nice bandana... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They might go crazy for Mozart because Salzburg is his birthplace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sis looks very romantic in that picture:)
    It might've been the jewelry store. It would probably throw me off too.

    ReplyDelete