Saturday, June 5, 2010

Tel Tel Tell me about Tel Aviv!

Shalom from Tel Aviv! Wow, was it quite the journey getting here. So, after my family leaves at 4.00 AM, I spend the day milling around Vienna. I arrive to the airport to find out that my flight to Tel Aviv with British Airways has been suspended. Awesome. So, the BA rep puts me on an Austrian Airways flight directly to Tel Aviv. The idea is great...until I find out the flight is 6 hours delayed. Great, I'll be at the airport for 9 more hours.
So, I decide to talk to BA counter to see if they'll let me into the lounge for any part of this time. As I'm talking to the rep in English, she's giving me the worst attitude ever. She gets up to check something at another counter and starts complaining about me to her colleague in German. Hah! Little does she know that I am a Jedi master in German. So after she very rudely tells me there is nothing she can do, I give her a verbal smack down in how I speak German and that she should change her attitude to customers especially when they are right in front of you. Definitely took her off guard. Score 1 for Priya.
Anyway, my flight lands in Tel Aviv at 5.30 AM. Sleep. The only thought on my mind. I eventually arrive at my hotel at 8.00 AM and pass out. I've spent the last three days at the beach and met some Israeli/American travelers out here too.
Tel Aviv from the beach. Me and the other American girl living in my dorm. You can't see it but I'm rocking Illini gear!Us and the Israeli/American guys that showed us around town. The photographer was not good.

Tel Aviv is amazing. The food, the people, the beach. It's so hot during the day but gets so cold during the night...I guess you forget it's a city in the desert. The people are really friendly and almost everyone speaks english. Definitely a plus. Also, the hummus...oh the hummus..I could write pages on it. Delicious!
It's a city that seems to have everything. Great shopping, nightlife, beautiful beach, good food...but it comes at a price. This place is not cheap, to say the least. I thought it would be comparable to Thailand...definitely not. I'm paying $9 a meal! Outrageous...but what can you do?
So, next stop is Jerusalem tomorrow and then Bethlehem. From there...Cairo. To walk like an Egyptian.

1 comment:

  1. Hey -- Tu azoon mala txt kele nahis. mala worry ahe. TXT KAR

    ReplyDelete