Saturday, June 12, 2010

Snorkel, Snorkel...

I left Jerusalem and made my way down to Eilat, the Israeli beach resort town. It's strategically located right next to the Taba border crossing with Egypt, so it made sense to go lay out in the sun for a day. After I arrived at the bus station, I was bombarded by touts trying to sell me on a hotel. Finally, even though I went against my better judgement, I chose a hotel at my price level only to find that it was shady, run down apartment in the backyard of a woman's house. Not even near the beach. Why don't I listen to myself?
The next day I went to my planned hostel and wow, did that make a difference. Lots of travelers, clean bathrooms and they rented out snorkeling gear! I made my way to Snuba beach to play with the fish.
A little fish I saw.

View from the beach. Mountains everywhere!

The water was so clear because of the rocky beaches. I loved it.

As they say in Israel when you leave somewhere, 'Go in Peace'.

After my eventful day, I went home and hung out with a couple other travelers. One south African guy and a set of twins from Utah. We stayed up until 4.00 AM playing kings cup (circle of death) and talking about our travels. Travelers are so nice...
Next, the Taba border crossing and then Cairo. I can't believe this is happening...

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment