Sunday, July 4, 2010

Priya vs. Wild

Wow. Once again, we started as 7. 4 of us were to trek for 3 days and 2 nights and 3 for 2 days 1 night. Who was the lone soldier at the end of 3 days? That's right ladies and gents: ME! This one is all about the pictures...


Here I am at in the orchid and butterfly farm. I look so happy.


Look at the size of this butterfly! Oh my god, it's like a bat!


Bat cave! Not Batman's of course. Just a general one. If you look closely you can see the bats.


Me in the bat cave! You can't tell but I'm sweating so hard right now. Check out those shoes! I wore them for all three days. Amazing. Best purchase ever!


Our view from the top. The mountains are filled with rice paddies, corn farms, bamboo and sugar cane farms.


I look a little more disheveled here, which shows my true feelings. Me at the viewpoint. At this point in time I smell like sweat, deet and tiger balm.


My new favorite fruit!


After you peel it, this is what it looks like. It's like a lychee expect not as sweet.


The dinner our guide cooked us at the village. Potato and tofu soup with sticky rice. Yum!




Check out this video, it's of the 'Long Neck' villagers. Apparently, the women put rings around their necks as a sign of beauty and they also put the rings around their knees. The girls are so cute.



Me and the girls. Just hanging out!




These girls were too cute. They made a jump rope out of rubber bands and played jump rope all night. The end of this video is hilarious.



Elephant Trek! This is it! Look how cute those two are together!



Check out how greedy this elephant is! What a fatty! But they are so smart and vegetarians like me!


Look how happy me and Hathi (that's the name I gave my elephant) are! I could have sat there all day!


Still feeding it...


Still going...


The area we rode in. Look how green it is! But, it's for a reason...look at the next pic.


Of course, it starts raining. And I mean RAIN! The mom is trying to protect her baby elephant. Too cute!


By this time I was the only team member left on the trek. The view from village #2 at night.



Me and the King! I'm wearing a the latest fashion. Bamboo leaf hat. Ask Reese about it; it's very big in New York.


The second group I met up with for white water rafting. It was so much fun! Why do I always look like a fool?!

The three day trek was obviously so much fun, but I'm happy to be back in civilization. 3 days without internet. Wow. It was rougher than expected. But this trek has made me realize: I'm going to die in Nepal. Oh boy, get ready for some angry posts beloved fans!

1 comment:

  1. envy and miss u my dark brown chocolate bear! smile everybody.. smiley everybody... SMILE!!! :D
    labu Igs

    ReplyDelete