Monday, September 19, 2011

No, but seriously, where the hell is Priya?

Well, I´m not in America!

Yes, yes, believe it or not, I'm on the road again! But this time for a much smaller period of time. Let me give you some context.

I was invited to be a speaker at a Microsoft conference in LA for the unveiling of Windows 8. Not only was I super pumped to be a speaker there, in the back of my mind, my traveling side was calling out: 'LA is a great jump off point for SE Asia or South America!'. I guess you can give a vagabond a fabulous apt, a great paycheck and awesome friends, but you can't take the vagabond out of some people!

Anyway, the conference was...really fun, to say the least :). To give you a flavor of what it felt like, its like I was backstage at the release for a much awaited movie...for geeks. All the stars were at my hotel! Steve Sinofsky, Julie Larson-Green, Mike Ang...I had the hookup! And the rest of us were like the actors who were giving star performances + sneak peeks into the movie during our sessions. I think I live in my own world...

Like I said though, the session went great. Here are the links to talks I gave with Max Morris (another PM working on the feature).

http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/BUILD/BUILD2011/PLAT-270T


And then on Thursday night, when everything was coming to a close and everyone was sitting back indulging in the success of our team...I indulged my nomad side and bought a ticket to costa rica...12 hours before the flight. Yes, I know, it seemed rash - on the surface.

I guess there are some addictions people have that they cant explain why they need to fulfill them. Maybe it was just because I could, or maybe it was because it was the thrill of going to a new country, or maybe it was just for the food...either way, I bought a $600 roundtrip ticket to costa rica! To be completely honest, I think it was a mix of all those reasons I described above, but I think a bigger, less tangible reason is because I felt I hadnt really nurtured - my impetuous side. Yes, I went to Hawaii a few months ago, but that was all planned out. After extensive introspection into my love for traveling, I've found one reason I love it is because you get to be completely in the moment. Its hard to do that when you're working.

So I was going to post some pictures for you, but it looks like this computer does not support any USB plugins (without an admin password, which the receptionist doesnt have :) ). Everything in Costa Rica happens on its own time...But ill add pictures as soon as they are available. In the meantime, enjoy the blog!

Stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

  1. heres an irony- the computer in your bedroom is unable to play the videos above. maybe you arent such a tech geek afterall...just a geek!

    ReplyDelete