Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Viet nam

This place is surreal. Jungles on the beach, lush green foliage, so many colors. I can understand why it has such a bloody history; it's worth fighting for. But I can't comprehend destroying the land for it. Apparently 20% of the land mines placed by American soldiers remain. We are intentional, and unapologetic.

I'm officially certified w my advanced scuba license! Deep sea diving, caves, night dives...it's all to come. I think East Timor is making it to the top of my list. I want to see marine life so badly.

I made my way to hoi an. A picturesque French/Vietnamese town w small nooks and alley ways. So pretty. And expensive. This is the place to shop; and get tailor made clothing....for relatively cheap. Not cheaper than India, but still cheaper than anything in America.

I can't believe this trip is coming to an end. Only 3 days left :(. I want to keep going, keep experiencing. But the real world calls. Ah, this was the fix I needed to keep me going for another few months...

After my last dive. Sexy goggle line on my forehead.

My dive team - Liao and Matt

Asian kids are the cutest

Adieu pour le moment. 

P

No comments:

Post a Comment