Friday, July 5, 2013

I. Love. Diving.

IYes, the past two days have been diving, diving, meeting Australians, and more diving. Honestly, it's not world class diving here, but it's such a new sensation that I don't even care!  

I'm getting my advanced scuba certification, which means a lot of learning the same stuff in greater detail. Buoyancy, navigation, rescue skills...love it all. It's so weird; I learn similar stuff in mountaineering, but it feels so much harder. This stuff just feels like fun - all the time. Except when your is clogged/plugged, as they are now.  Whatever, I got to see some lion fish, trumpet fish, starfish, memos, stories, and loads of other stuff.

It's funny. If I were to ask a 5 year old version of myself where I think I'd be in 20 years, I would have NEVER said 'diving off the coast of Vietnam'. But in some ways, its absolutely not surprising. My dad got us an encyclopedia for our birthday one year in India (typical Indian parents), and my absolute favorite book was the 'under the sea'.  I'd sit and look at the pictures for hours; I even remember the pictures so vividly. I didn't even realize how much I loved that book, actually I'd completely forgotten about it, until I saw a starfish underwater (my favorite page - the one w picture of broken starfish; they're one of those rare creatures that can re-grow broken limbs...nature is awesome!!).  I guess you're always consuming information, even when you don't realize it. Then one day, it hits you; and you can connect the dots backwards...and maybe even forward.

Ok, I leave you w a few pictures. Miss you guys. Don't wait up for me.

In transit to the dive site 

God, I love the jungle! Why don't I love here??


For my mother - buy this, it tastes really good

No comments:

Post a Comment